School Outfitters Returns Policy
You are responsible for inspecting your merchandise when it is delivered. If there is excessive damage or the shipment is
incorrect, you should refuse the shipment and call us immediately.
Occasionally, delivery drivers do not allow enough time for you to inspect the shipment, or the order is delivered while you
are not there. If the driver does not allow you time to inspect your shipment, sign for it, noting "damaged" on the bill of
It is your responsibility to fully inspect your merchandise within 2 weeks of receipt. If you find you have a problem with
damage or an incorrect shipment, you must contact us during this period. We cannot be held responsible for damages or
incorrect shipments if you wait beyond this period to inform us.
As long as you contact us during this period, any item that is damaged when it arrives or that does not arrive as
ordered (size, color, or features were not as you specified) will be promptly replaced by us at no additional cost
If you order something and it arrives as ordered but you subsequently decide you want or need to return it, you will be
responsible for all shipping charges, including return charges. You must contact us within 2 weeks to return these items.
In some cases, you will need to pay a restocking fee of 15-30% as well. (We will try our best to get the restocking
fee waived by the manufacturer but we are not always successful.) So if you're not sure about a color or a size, please ask.
We want to help you make your purchase exactly what you want on the first try.
Important Note: Please keep the original cartons in which your order shipped until you are satisfied that your merchandise
is correct and undamaged. Most manufacturers will not accept returns of merchandise not in the original packaging, and freight
companies often ask to inspect the packaging if a shipment is reported as damaged.
There are a few types of items we sell that have additional return restrictions. Please make note of these special cases:
Food Service Items
- If a food service item has been uncrated but is still unused, it may be re-crated and returned to the manufacturer provided it is still in its original condition. However, the restocking fee on these items is typically 25-35%, and you will also be responsible for the return shipping charge. Written authorization from the manufacturer is required prior to returning food service items.
- Once a food service item has been used, it may not be returned. If there is a mechanical problem with a food service item under warranty, the manufacturer will repair or replace it at no charge to you.
Outdoor Play Equipment
- You may return outdoor play equipment as long as it has never been installed or been in storage for more than six months. You will be responsible for the cost of return shipping and any restocking fees, and a prior written return authorization from the manufacturer is required.
A number of items we sell—including some food service and outdoor play items—are made to order and are considered “custom.”
- Some custom items may be purchased directly from our website. Their product descriptions will always include the following notice: Custom—sorry, no returns.
- Other custom products are available only when you speak with one of our sales consultants. They will always remind you if an item you are ordering is nonreturnable and will include that information on any quote they provide you.
- Some of our manufacturers consider user-assembled products “used” once they have been put together, even if they are disassembled for return. As such, they may not be returnable.